Monday, October 6, 2008

Fall festival

Pumpkin time! We all piled into the Subaru and headed out to the country for a day at Eugsters (no, I do not know how to pronounce it) Farm. They had it all -- caramel apples, petting zoo (where kittens were a bit hit), corn mazes, puppet show, wagon rides and 50 acres of plump pumpkins. Oh, they also had a haunted silo and haunted house. The kids walked about 2 feet into each and ran screaming back out. Scott and I went through the haunted house, which was pretty scary. Scott was mostly laughing at my yelping and a cry of, "Help, a beast, a beast!" when some dude in a costume jumped out at us. They also had a refrigerator with "body parts" in the haunted house, which made me hark back to the good old days in Henrietta when Aunt Donna had Halloween parties for all the cousins and we stuck our hands in a bowl of eyeballs (grapes) and brains (cooked spaghetti). I still send my Aunt D. a Halloween card each year!


No comments: